Welcome to My World of Poetry

Friday 10 February 2012

Hey there world!


So I just started in this business of blogging and stuff, but I thought that maybe I had a shot getting my writing to people in the world. I want to become a writer when I get older, getting my stories published for other people to read. I guess publishing my poetry is a good start. I have a poem book and I usually write my poems in there, and that's where I will be getting my poems from. So enjoy, I hope you like it:

The quiet forest
Trees young and old, small and tall
The old are creaking,
And the young are just budding
Leaves blowing in the swift wind


The type of poem is a Tanka poem. It is similar to a Haiku, just with more syllables. The syllable pattern is:

Line 1: Five Syllables
Line 2: Seven Syllables
Line 3: Five Syllables
Line 4: Seven Syllables
Line 5: Five Syllables

It is a great Japanese type of poem, and could be about lots of things, but I chose to do it on nature. Nature is a great thing, it is beautiful and moving. Another Tanka I have written is actually about the ocean and fish. Here it is:

The great ocean blue
Fishes different colours
And many sizes
They make the water gleam bright
As if it was a rainbow



Well I hope you have liked my poems so far. If anyone is actually reading my stuff, I might not do a poem like every week or something planned like that. I will do one when I think of more, and when I have the time to make a post! As I said before, I just started, but I hope you enjoy my poetry. Bye!

                                                                                              -Elena Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment